Floor coverings in contemporary layout are represented by a variety of substances, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top position among this elegant assortment is accepted by tiles imitating laminate. It’s manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. Due to the abundant choice of textures and colors, such flooring look magnificent and stylish, and match with almost any style of room design.
Advantages and disadvantages
The massive demand for floor tiles beneath laminate is explained not only by their own presentable appearance, but also by a number of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural sound wood, so it 1poshtoram.ru is often used as the main component for decorating flooring.
Among the positive properties of the material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating doesn’t wear off and does not lose its allure even after 50 years;
- safety in program. The planks are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The substance is impermeable to water, therefore it’s not a favorable spot for the creation of fungus and mold;
- excellent thermal insulation. Such coatings are suitable for the system »warm floor », as they contain clay, which in high temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In appearance, the tiles aren’t poor to flooring made of pure wood or stone.
However perfect this substance is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate may comprise:
- The large cost. The product, which can last over a dozen years is expensive, but in operation, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low rates of sound insulation.
So far, tile under the laminate is produced of two different types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The very first variant of the coat is obtained by the tech of monocottura.
This sort of product is characterized by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is produced of special varieties of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The result is a durable and beautiful finishing substance.
The two types of boards just replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most frequent, but occasionally square ones are readily available.