To avoid wasting money, be completely sure that the product is truly having a positive effect on symptoms. Patients who are interested in trying CBD should first talk to the health care provider who treats their arthritis before trying CBD.
A Background In Significant Elements In Healthcare
CBD products derived from hemp are no longer considered Schedule I drugs under the federal Controlled Substances Act, but they still remain in a legal gray zone. There are changes underway on federal and state levels that will ultimately clarify the laws and regulations related to CBD-based products and sales.
Kevin Boehnke, PhD, a researcher at the Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center at the University of Michigan, focuses on medical cannabis as an analgesic and opioid substitute in chronic pain. Be aware that marketers and people behind retail counters are not health professionals; they are salespeople. That’s why your doctor is your best source for guidance and monitoring when using an unregulated product. However, inhalation of vapor oils and chemical byproducts carry healthcare unknown risks, particularly for people with inflammatory arthritis. Quality CBD products can be expensive, especially when used for prolonged periods.
Despite that, they’re widely available in nearly every state and online. People who want to use CBD should check their state laws.
- Benzodiazepine use during pregnancy can lead to dependence in the developing baby, with withdrawal following birth.
- If medication is necessary, the goal is the smallest effective dose.
- According to the FDA, benzodiazepines can worsen cases of pre-existing depression, and more recent studies suggest that they may potentially lead to treatment-resistant depression.
- Therefore, pregnant women need to have a thorough discussion about the risks and benefits of these medications with their prescribing doctor.
- While benzodiazepines are relatively safe when taken only occasionally and in small doses, they can be dangerous and even deadly when combined with other central nervous system depressants.
Straightforward Healthcare Methods – The Facts
Information about symptoms, health and lifestyle habits will help determine the type of arthritis you have. Another cause for concern is the unreliability of the purity and dosage of CBD in products. A recent study of 84 CBD products bought online showed that more than a quarter of the products contained less CBD than labeled. Though it’s often well-tolerated, CBD can cause side effects, such as dry mouth, diarrhea, reduced appetite, drowsiness and fatigue. CBD can also interact with other medications you’re taking, such as blood thinners.
By now, you’ve probably run into a product containing cannabidiol, also known as CBD. It’s in everything from drinks and pet products to lotions and chewable gummies.