Greenhouse with double-glazed windows is applicable not only in areas with cold climate, but also in other suburban zones for prolonging the amount of fruit-bearing of submerged crops or yearlong usage.
The Benefits of these glazing are undoubted:
- Outstanding thermal insulation can protect crops from early frosts.
- Double glass avoids sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when warming the greenhouse, and therefore saves electricity.
- Packages will not suffer from strong winds, hail or rain.
- The service life of glazing together with proper handling is over just a couple of years.
- The aesthetic appearance of glazing allows you not to conceal the greenhouse from the backyard, and put in it in the front lawn. Some proprietors of first shape greenhouses make them the most important decoration of their lawn or garden.
In addition, manufacturers offer you double-glazed dividers using a set of necessary functions, including special coatings for heat and energy conserving , protection against mechanical impacts and reduced temperatures, in addition to soundproofing.
System of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows can be with special vents for ventilation, which can be outfitted with apparatus together with the use of automatic opening. This is extremely convenient, since not necessarily the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse in time.
- Advantages of glass greenhouse buildings
- Below are merely some of the benefits of glass greenhouses:
- Glass greenhouses have proven more than become long-lasting constructions. As an example, the French have been actively using only such greenhouses as the late 16th century to the present moment. Rest assured: that a glass will become your servant for decades to come.
- Glass doesn’t keep UV rays, which are crucial for quick plant growth and fruit ripening, so allowing you to get the most out of the power of sun.
- If you use laminated or tempered (thermal) glass, then this structure can withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the shape of large hail, intense heat and also strong frost isn’t going to be any problem with the construction).
- For greenhouses made from glass is characterized by excellent insulation. Additionally, there’s a chance to install heating devices inside them.
Of course, the glass also has disadvantages, which needs to be taken into account when constructing it. For example, the simple fact that glass is quite heavy material (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), must impact the existence of a good foundation, as well as the building of a solid structure – framework.
How to build a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a sunny day, the translucent coating of greenhouses masterseptika.ru lets short-wave solar power. It’s consumed by dark surfaces (soil, equipment, plants), turns into long-wave radiation and remains inside the construction. This transformation happens with the launch of heat, which produces a greenhouse effect in the greenhouse.
Therefore, glass windows absolutely allow the sun’s beams inside the space and almost completely retain the rear radiation, not allowing it to venture out. To put it differently, unlike film, glass is the most heat-saving substance, which is one of the principal features of a good greenhouse.