Read the benefits of having Two-Step Verification enabled on your Dropbox account and press “Get started“. Sign in to your Dropbox account, click your avatar logo then select “Settings“. Although Google is a winner here in terms of a number of available authentication methods, Dropbox, like Google also offers Hardware type authentication using Security Key. Press “Got it” to return to your Twitter Login Verification settings.
- After you set up 2 factor verification for your account, you can switch your primary way to receive codes to Authenticator app.
- This project is not about logging in to Google, Facebook, or other TOTP/HOTP second factor systems, even if they recommend using the Google Authenticator apps.
- Unlike its Android app, which got the feature earlier this year, the iOS version of Authenticator finally brought support for bulk transferring a few weeks back.
- And as the app’s code is available to the public, you can trust that no shady business is happening in the background.
- Below is the quick guide of how to configure your Microsoft Account to work with Google authenticator.
- Scan the generated QR code with your phone, or enter the secret manually, remember to pick the time based one.
So, if Google Authenticator is your preferred 2FA authenticator app of choice and you often switch devices, here’s a guide to help you bulk transfer your accounts between devices. Two-factor authentication or 2FA or two-step verification is the second-most essential practice, after a strong password, that one should follow to secure their online accounts. Of the plethora of 2FA apps available, Google Authenticator is probably the most popular authentication service, thanks to its simplistic and an ever-so-slightly more secure approach.
Google Authenticator Backups
It’s a relatively easy process — unless you find you have to move the app to a new phone. Delete the original KuCoin account on the Google Authenticator application. Then enter the 6-digit verification code into the input box. If you saved your Google Secret Key and cannot log in to your account, please re-bind Google 2-step Verification with the key in your mobile application « Google Authenticator ».
Recently with the release on Andriod Pie, my Galaxy s9+ took the update but required a factory reset because it would not boot properly. If I didn’t have my backup phone it would have made the already tedious process of recovering my data even worse. Binance will automatically replace/update the code on your app after you have successfully disabled and re-enabled with the new code. LastPass Authenticator backs up to your LastPass account automatically.
Other Great Download Google Authenticator APK for Android Options
Also has a widget, Apple Watch app, Siri support and syncs with iCloud. Click on Finish or similar button to complete the process. Browse through the Settings page to find the option to enable 2-factor authentication. This is generally found under the ‘Security’ or ‘Password’ section. Log in to your account and go to the Settings page.
For other methods, enter your security code or one-time password. If you connect to a VM by using a third-party tool, you need toadd the public keys to your user account. The VM gets your public key from your user account and lets you connect to the VM if you provide the correct user name and matching private SSH key. If you connect to a VM by using either gcloud command-line tool or SSH from the browser, Compute Engine automatically generates SSH keys and associates them with your user account. After you add your keys to your account, you canconnect to instances using third-party toolsand the username associated with your account.